Skip to main content

Treatment Week #12 – first half ✔

This Monday started out differently. I had to go at 8am for a chest scan. Because of this, we had to adjust my treatment time… ugh here we go with messing with my routine. The scan was quick and painless, and we were able to grab breakfast since I had to fast for the scan.


We arrived for my treatment and of course the lobby was filling up quickly, especially with loud talkers. Good news though; masks are now optional, so that made Lyle happy. I got my blood work drawn and was sent back to wait to be called back for treatment. Well wait is what we did. I finally had to ask if they forgot me. They didn’t really forget me, just coded me wrong. So, they took me back to a VERY full treatment room! I claimed a chair, barely, and then continued the wait. I think they overbooked ☹. Well finally at 11am (my appointment was at 10am and we were there early) they started, my premeds. Treatment went fine, and we were off for the commute home. It was quick without stopping for lunch today since we had a big breakfast.


So, Monday marked the end of my first 12 weeks of treatment. As I have said a million times, I am having more good days then bad. I am dealing with numbness in my feet, which they say is normal. It is uncomfortable, but I am trying to push through. This too shall pass. 


Continuing with the plan, the next 12 weeks of treatment starts Monday. This round I go every 3 weeks for a total of 4 treatments. Then have an MRI, the insurance has already approved this or at least we hope. Then I go back to the surgeon to discuss surgery.


Now the wait to find out what the mid-term scan shows. I am not hopeful we will find much out but who knows. I will try and stay positive about it. 


 


 

Comments

  1. Thinking of you guys. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you focus on will be magnified! Keep up the positive thoughts. Love you guys! πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for hitting the halfway point. That is a huge victory! It’s downhill from here!! Prayers for a scan that shows significant progress! So proud of you for staying strong and staying positive! You got this ❤️πŸ™πŸ»❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»Mary and Lyle and hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today!

August 2, 2022 was the day my life changed forever.   I heard the words too many people hear, "I'm sorry your biopsy came back positive for cancer.” I immediately joined a club no one ever thinks they will be a part of.  In that instant, and in the days and weeks that followed, I didn't know exactly what was going to happen. All of the doctors told me it was small, and we caught it early.  And all of this brings me to today: my cancerversary. You may be wondering, what is that? Am I supposed to do something specific? The first thing you need to know is there are no rules. There are many possible cancer anniversaries, and this is just one of them (stay tuned I may celebrate just this one or all of them). Since I can't change anything of the past year, I am deciding to not be depressed today. I will not ignore the day that changed my life. I will continue to find the good in everything. I appreciate every single person in my life. I appreciate each day in a way I nev...

My Sister is Not a Barber

I was told that I would lose my hair.  My sister quickly jumped in to help take some control of this crazy situation. She consulted with her daughter, Ashley, who is a fantastic beautician. Ashley was on it and found a company that makes wigs form your own hair, if you have enough.  If you know me you know I had a TON of hair.  So Judy booked a flight and came to TN Labor Day Weekend to hug my neck and cut my hair.  It was a family affair.  Lyle, the boys, and Judy set up our living room and Ashley, Taylor and Brandon joined us via facetime.  It was very emotional, but rewarding that I had control of how I was going to lose my hair. We packaged the hair up, and Judy took it home with her.  Too funny that she was worried about going through airport security with my hair.  Man it is a good thing they didn't stop her, she would have lost it. So my hair has been shipped off, and I should have a wig in about 10-12 weeks (in time for the holidays)....

The Wig!

Finally, someone recognized me in public!  I received my wig back in November and put it on right away.  It was my hair but not my style, no bangs. I have had bangs for 14+ years.  So, the plan was for my niece to style it in December when we went to visit mom in Florida.  Well guess what, I didn’t get to go since I was feeling crummy.  Such is life, so my sister quickly scheduled flights for her and Ashley to come to TN for the long MLK holiday weekend.  My kitchen turned into a beauty shop, and everyone agreed that the wig needed bangs.  Ashley prepped the wig for the cut.  The plan was to go slow and steady and not cut too much, because there is no turning back once THE cut happens.  With a plan of action, we were ready to go, and we all held our breath during the first cut of the scissors.  It was crazy!  After that first snip to add bangs, I looked in the mirror and wow what a difference.  She made a few adjustments an...