Skip to main content

The Wig!

Finally, someone recognized me in public! 

I received my wig back in November and put it on right away.  It was my hair but not my style, no bangs. I have had bangs for 14+ years.  So, the plan was for my niece to style it in December when we went to visit mom in Florida.  Well guess what, I didn’t get to go since I was feeling crummy.  Such is life, so my sister quickly scheduled flights for her and Ashley to come to TN for the long MLK holiday weekend. 

My kitchen turned into a beauty shop, and everyone agreed that the wig needed bangs.  Ashley prepped the wig for the cut.  The plan was to go slow and steady and not cut too much, because there is no turning back once THE cut happens.  With a plan of action, we were ready to go, and we all held our breath during the first cut of the scissors.  It was crazy!  After that first snip to add bangs, I looked in the mirror and wow what a difference.  She made a few adjustments and now the wig is perfect.  I’m me again!!

The story of my wig is in my blog post My Sister Ain’t a Barber.

This wig was a present from my family to make me feel as normal as I can at this time.  It really is crazy how it makes me feel “normal”.  Below are pictures of the wig journey.


Ready to cut!

I didn’t quite have enough, but they had a perfect match.

Straight out of the box.

Discussing the plan.

Ashley prepping for the “cut”.


The cut!


Yay, it turned out great. 



Comments

  1. Love it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good, I agree you need bangs, I remember you eith bangs, when you where young

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So great, Mary D! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today!

August 2, 2022 was the day my life changed forever.   I heard the words too many people hear, "I'm sorry your biopsy came back positive for cancer.” I immediately joined a club no one ever thinks they will be a part of.  In that instant, and in the days and weeks that followed, I didn't know exactly what was going to happen. All of the doctors told me it was small, and we caught it early.  And all of this brings me to today: my cancerversary. You may be wondering, what is that? Am I supposed to do something specific? The first thing you need to know is there are no rules. There are many possible cancer anniversaries, and this is just one of them (stay tuned I may celebrate just this one or all of them). Since I can't change anything of the past year, I am deciding to not be depressed today. I will not ignore the day that changed my life. I will continue to find the good in everything. I appreciate every single person in my life. I appreciate each day in a way I nev...

Treatment #13 - Lucky 13 right?

First up this week was blood work and then vitals.  Then I got to see Dr. Hamilton.   She gave us the results of the scan from last week.   She says they do not see anything on the scan, so what we are doing is working.   I told her my neuropathy has gotten worse, and she wasn’t happy with me that I hadn’t told her.   She has put me on medication to try and help that, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.   This week starts the 2nd round of treatment.  It will last for 12 weeks, and I will now go every 3 weeks for treatment.  So that means I only have 3 more treatments to go.  I am starting new CHEMO drugs.  One of them is known as the red drug.  It looks like they are putting red Kool-Aid in me, which is crazy.  This week has been hard adjusting to the new drugs.  I am very tired and just feel weird, but I am lucky and thankful that I am on the right path to beat cancer.