Skip to main content

Treatment #16 - CHEMO is done!

January 30th was my last round of chemotherapy.  I got a certificate and rang the bell and everything.  I am not done with treatments, but I am done with CHEMO, especially the dang red devil, so that is something to be very happy about.  I just need to feel good enough so I can celebrate.  I will go for immunotherapy until July or August. But that is not as hard on me. 

So now what:

February 16th an MRI.

February 20th an appointment with the oncologist and immunotherapy.

February 21st an appointment with the surgeon to see what my options are.

Hopefully by the end of the month we will have the next plan of action. 











Comments

  1. Yay!!! One step at a time, you got this. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you that Chemo is over. Prayers that the MRI goes well and your next appointments go as best they can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mary!!! I hope you rang that bell loud & long! Praying you continue to heal to include actually feeling better! Caylor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today!

August 2, 2022 was the day my life changed forever.   I heard the words too many people hear, "I'm sorry your biopsy came back positive for cancer.” I immediately joined a club no one ever thinks they will be a part of.  In that instant, and in the days and weeks that followed, I didn't know exactly what was going to happen. All of the doctors told me it was small, and we caught it early.  And all of this brings me to today: my cancerversary. You may be wondering, what is that? Am I supposed to do something specific? The first thing you need to know is there are no rules. There are many possible cancer anniversaries, and this is just one of them (stay tuned I may celebrate just this one or all of them). Since I can't change anything of the past year, I am deciding to not be depressed today. I will not ignore the day that changed my life. I will continue to find the good in everything. I appreciate every single person in my life. I appreciate each day in a way I nev...

My Sister is Not a Barber

I was told that I would lose my hair.  My sister quickly jumped in to help take some control of this crazy situation. She consulted with her daughter, Ashley, who is a fantastic beautician. Ashley was on it and found a company that makes wigs form your own hair, if you have enough.  If you know me you know I had a TON of hair.  So Judy booked a flight and came to TN Labor Day Weekend to hug my neck and cut my hair.  It was a family affair.  Lyle, the boys, and Judy set up our living room and Ashley, Taylor and Brandon joined us via facetime.  It was very emotional, but rewarding that I had control of how I was going to lose my hair. We packaged the hair up, and Judy took it home with her.  Too funny that she was worried about going through airport security with my hair.  Man it is a good thing they didn't stop her, she would have lost it. So my hair has been shipped off, and I should have a wig in about 10-12 weeks (in time for the holidays)....

The Wig!

Finally, someone recognized me in public!  I received my wig back in November and put it on right away.  It was my hair but not my style, no bangs. I have had bangs for 14+ years.  So, the plan was for my niece to style it in December when we went to visit mom in Florida.  Well guess what, I didn’t get to go since I was feeling crummy.  Such is life, so my sister quickly scheduled flights for her and Ashley to come to TN for the long MLK holiday weekend.  My kitchen turned into a beauty shop, and everyone agreed that the wig needed bangs.  Ashley prepped the wig for the cut.  The plan was to go slow and steady and not cut too much, because there is no turning back once THE cut happens.  With a plan of action, we were ready to go, and we all held our breath during the first cut of the scissors.  It was crazy!  After that first snip to add bangs, I looked in the mirror and wow what a difference.  She made a few adjustments an...