Skip to main content

Treatment Week #9 and I like a routine!

Treatment this Monday was a little off routine. Boy, I didn’t realize how much I like a routine!  So, my appointment was at 11am instead of 8am, and I hope to avoid the 11am for the rest of my treatments.  Going at this time threw me off.  Like, when should I eat, before or after.  I am allowed to eat in the treatment area, but I prefer not to. So, we planned a quick trip to Sonic for a snack and a Cherry Limeade, which of course is my favorite (FYI it helps my heartburn, weird right).

The waiting area was FULL. I am not sure we have ever seen it more than half full BUT today there wasn’t a seat open.  Typically, everything goes super smooth with these visits, but Lyle jinxed us by saying that out loud.  Oh well, it is what it is.

I finally got called back for bloodwork, which was quick and painless, yay.  Then back to the packed waiting room but not for long.  They called me to the treatment room where my patience was growing thin, Lyle tried to calm me, but it was too late and not his fault anyway.  I just needed to be mad, frustrated and shed a few tears.  After getting my vitals I claimed the last chair in my section.  Then my nurse asked if I had bloodwork because she couldn’t locate it, yep, my luck.  She finally found out the system was down, and 35 minutes later she found it. 

Now we were rocking and rolling and ready for treatment.  First my pre medicine, which is Benadryl, Pepcid and Steroid.  Then time for the Taxol, and then I was done for the day.  This is week 3 of the cycle so I have shots on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  We are very blessed that the Averitt Clinic in Cookeville does those for us, so we don’t have to drive to Nashville, those girls ROCK. 

So, the takeaway is that I like a routine, who knew?

My sister, who reviewed this, knew! 😉 She knows I like a plan, knowing what to expect means I have all the answers ahead of time. It’s predictable.  Being off-routine means I’m off-plan, and off-plan makes for an unhappy Mary!

 

 

 

Comments

  1. You’ve always like a plan. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean who knew? You always like a plan and get upset if I don’t have one. L O L! L O L!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today!

August 2, 2022 was the day my life changed forever.   I heard the words too many people hear, "I'm sorry your biopsy came back positive for cancer.” I immediately joined a club no one ever thinks they will be a part of.  In that instant, and in the days and weeks that followed, I didn't know exactly what was going to happen. All of the doctors told me it was small, and we caught it early.  And all of this brings me to today: my cancerversary. You may be wondering, what is that? Am I supposed to do something specific? The first thing you need to know is there are no rules. There are many possible cancer anniversaries, and this is just one of them (stay tuned I may celebrate just this one or all of them). Since I can't change anything of the past year, I am deciding to not be depressed today. I will not ignore the day that changed my life. I will continue to find the good in everything. I appreciate every single person in my life. I appreciate each day in a way I nev...

My Sister is Not a Barber

I was told that I would lose my hair.  My sister quickly jumped in to help take some control of this crazy situation. She consulted with her daughter, Ashley, who is a fantastic beautician. Ashley was on it and found a company that makes wigs form your own hair, if you have enough.  If you know me you know I had a TON of hair.  So Judy booked a flight and came to TN Labor Day Weekend to hug my neck and cut my hair.  It was a family affair.  Lyle, the boys, and Judy set up our living room and Ashley, Taylor and Brandon joined us via facetime.  It was very emotional, but rewarding that I had control of how I was going to lose my hair. We packaged the hair up, and Judy took it home with her.  Too funny that she was worried about going through airport security with my hair.  Man it is a good thing they didn't stop her, she would have lost it. So my hair has been shipped off, and I should have a wig in about 10-12 weeks (in time for the holidays)....

The Wig!

Finally, someone recognized me in public!  I received my wig back in November and put it on right away.  It was my hair but not my style, no bangs. I have had bangs for 14+ years.  So, the plan was for my niece to style it in December when we went to visit mom in Florida.  Well guess what, I didn’t get to go since I was feeling crummy.  Such is life, so my sister quickly scheduled flights for her and Ashley to come to TN for the long MLK holiday weekend.  My kitchen turned into a beauty shop, and everyone agreed that the wig needed bangs.  Ashley prepped the wig for the cut.  The plan was to go slow and steady and not cut too much, because there is no turning back once THE cut happens.  With a plan of action, we were ready to go, and we all held our breath during the first cut of the scissors.  It was crazy!  After that first snip to add bangs, I looked in the mirror and wow what a difference.  She made a few adjustments an...